Kauffman Tire was founded in Wooster, Ohio by Harry and Eva Kauffman in 1936. In 1960, Harry's son, John, joined the company after graduation from Ohio State University. In 1968, John directed the first major expansion, opening the company's wholesale division. In 1969, Harry Kauffman retired and promoted John to president of Kauffman Tire. In 1975, John moved the company's headquarters to Atlanta, Georgia, where it remains today.
In 1984, Mark, a third generation Kauffman, joined the business. A graduate of the University of Georgia, Mark Kauffman is in charge of the overall daily operations of the entire company. In 1991, Tom Money, John's son-in law, joined the organization to oversee the wholesale operations in Florida.
In early 2003, Kauffman Tire opened its new, state-of-the-art 175,000 square foot distribution center, corporate office facility and complete technical training center in Atlanta, Georgia.
Kauffman Tire was founded on its commitment to customer service. More than eight-hundred dedicated associates continue to earn each customer's business with honest and dependable performance. With a history of integrity and reliability, Kauffman Tire continues as a family owned and operated business with Mark, Tom and all the team members ensuring that the over 79 years of commitment are experienced by every customer.
Today, Kauffman Tire operates Over 55 retail stores in Georgia and Florida; fourteen wholesale distribution centers in seven states and the e-commerce site Tread Depot. Kauffman Tire offers daily delivery to customers out of all wholesale centers, with a fleet of approximately 150 vehicles. Kauffman Tire's thorough knowledge of passenger, light truck, medium truck, farm, specialty, OTR, industrial and commercial tires, and their network of retail stores and wholesale distribution centers, allow Kauffman Tire to respond efficiently and effectively to its customers' needs.